I went out to the developerWorks community space for the Rational Software Developers Conference and found THIS:
Community content on RSDC08 is being harvested for consumption … flickr, twitter and blogs… and I like to think I helped. (In fact, I created and promoted the twitter hashtag for #rsdc, if I may indulge in a moment of shameless self-promotion.)
I’ve been beating the web 2.0 drum for a WHILE now … and it’s SO nice to see it get some traction.
Last night was the “special event” for RSDC 08 … a trip to Universal Studio. I brought the camera, but because of the way the night was orchestrated, there were few photo ops.
Highlights of the evening:
- Florida is HOT!
- Playing (and losing) a boardwalk game to Chris Flynn.
- Failing to successfully juggle a backpack, a camera, a beer and a plate of food. The plate of food threw itself onto the ground in a noble moment of self-sacrifice that brought a tear to my eye.
- I could have done without the Fear Factor Live show. I don’t get it, I think it’s GROSS, and I spent almost the entire show staring at my feet.
- Thank you, Todd, your generous gift of the stuffie you won. Being absolutely hopeless at games, it is the ONLY way I would have left the park with a prize.
- Florida is HOT.
- Being pleasantly surprised by the Simpsons ride. I skipped it early in the evening, because it looked to be TOTALLY a kiddie ride, but Bob Ryder, my roller coaster buddy, convinced me to give it a try after the Mummy ride (good, but too short). The Simpsons ride was so good, we rode it TWICE. Wicked fun.
- Does anyone have any pictures or videos of Kourken’s acting turn in DISASTER? I’d pay good money for that.
All in all, a great night.
Soooooo lovely to see so many old friends and colleagues.