Not one of my best efforts, but I whipped up a soft cover for the Girl’s Nintendo DS out of leftover fabric and fleece.
She’s pretty happy with it.
1. get two pieces of fabric – one for the outside, and one for the lining (padding is optional). I used a piece of leftover cotton fabric, and a red fleece for the lining. They should be larger than the object.
2. Sew the two pieces of fabric together, except for one corner, which you will use to turn it inside out (to hide the seams).
3. Turn inside out, and realize that you sewed the wrong sides together.
4. Say very bad words, and start over again.
5. Sew into something vaguely envelope-shaped (with a flap).
6. Decide on your fastener system (we decided to go for a button & buttonhole).
7. Learn how to do a button-hole on your Bernina, breaking a needle on the machine first by forgetting to swap out the presser foot.
8. Find a suitably-sized button from your button stash.
9. Iron the crap out of your case and voila!