This is what I did today … sorted out and re-styled the 3rd bedroom, which we’re currently using as a guest room and my dressing room (closet space in our antique house is almost non-existent, so Himself gets one little one in the master bedroom and I’ve comandeered this bedroom’s closet. It works out well)
I had all the pieces of this room already scattered all over the house … they just needed to be brought together.
Almost everything in this room … indeed, the whole house, is thrifted and/or second-hand. All the bedding certainly is. The knitted blanket at the foot of the bed came from a pet charity shop for $3.00.
When we make up stories about this house, which we like to do, we say this was the servant’s quarters.
We think that because it has no radiator and hence no heat. Only a couple of outlets, too. So we’ve got an oil-filled heater. And, yes, when it’s plugged in and running, it’s nowhere NEAR the curtains.
I used some of my costume jewelry and leftover trim as curtain tie-backs.
I hung some of my accessories on the wall hooks. I don’t know why I never thought to do that before. I was too busy hating on the eyesore hooks bolted to the wall.
Hanging on the door is the Girl’s christening dress and one of her sweaters. I made both of them. 🙂
But this is OK for now.
Oh, I love doing this. 🙂